Rider's Brief | #1 Banhoek, 28 Jan 2023
Welcome to the King Price Trailseeker Series – the king of all things trail.
Where MTB riding is an addiction and seeking new trails is a passion. Here you will find all you need to know about your upcoming race!
PARKING OPEN FROM:
*Please note that late entries are accepted on race day. However, a late entrant will be too late to receive priority seeding and cannot contend for a podium position. If you are a serious rider wishing to place well, please get your entry in by the Wednesday before the race.
• SASeeding data will be used to batch riders.
• To be an Overall Podium Contender you have to start in the A batch of your respective distance.
• If you compete as an age category rider you can start in any batch. It means that you can win your age category even if you start in batch C for instance.
• There is no specific School XCM Series batch. School XCM Series riders will be seeded on merit alongside the regular Trailseeker riders.
• To better accommodate the School XCM Series riders, the top 25 male and top 10 female School Series riders in both the Fun Race and Half Marathon will be seeded in the respective A-Batches (A-Men and A-Ladies).
Specialized will man the tech zone at the start of the race to offer mechanical assistance.
finish vibe & Activations
- You can look forward to a refreshing Bavaria 0.0% when you cross the finish line!
- Delicious food and drink vendors will be on-site – so come hungry.
- PLTFRM restaurant at Plaisir Wine Estate will cater to our weary, hungry and thirsty riders. Be sure to support them.
- Newton will be entertaining us live on the day.
- Enjoy a well-earned post-ride beer in the Devil’s Peak beer garden.
- Prize giving at 11:00.
medals & apparel
Have a look at our trendy new Trailseeker merch range.
Order yours now OR visit our merch stall on venue. Online purchases can be collected at the merch stall on race day.
If your questions are not met don’t hesitate to pop us a message on our WhatsApp line. Well get back to you with an answer asap.
Schools xcm series
#1 Banhoek will be the first of two event in the WC Schools XCM Series where learners will represent their schools and chase the maximum amount of points for the Series win!
School Cycling SA (SCSA) has partnered with the King price Trailseeker Series to once again bring you the SCSA XCM (Cross Country Marathon) Series.
School learners will be able to proudly represent their respective schools and earn valuable points for their school. At the end of the series, the top:
- Boys Team
- Girls Team
- Mixed Team and
- Overall School Team
for primary and high schools will be announced.
Who can ride?
20km – Nippers (8 – 10 years), Sprogs (11 – 12 years), Sub Juniors (13 – 14 years)
40km – Youth (15 – 16 years), Juniors (17 – 19 years)
For now the Sub-sub Nippers (5 years) and Sub Nippers (6-7) categories will remain a social race. They can be entered into the 10 km distance and ride with a parent, but it will not form part of the Schools Series. We feel that the distance is too far for a little one to attempt without a parent nearby to lend a hand in case of technical or other difficulties.